Updated: Tuesday 1 March 2022
Further to updates yesterday on flooding and severe weather impacts to Multicap services in areas of Queensland and northern New South Wales, please read the following advice for Multicap customers in these affected areas.
Impacted Multicap locations
The following locations will remain closed until further notice.
• Ipswich Hub
• Aspley Hub
• Tweed Heads Hub
• Makeables Rocklea
• Capalaba Hub and Office – customers can attend the Hub for transport to other locations and activities.
All other services, including the Nudgee Hub, are operating as usual.
Increased rain and storms are predicted from Thursday and to continue for at least a week. While the weather and rainfall is not predicted to be as severe as the past few days, Multicap staff will continue to monitor and report for each location on damage or risk of damage.
If you have any questions or require more information, please contact your Service Manager or Service Leader, or call our Customer Support team on 1300 135 886.
COVID vaccination booster clinics
Vaccination booster clinics scheduled to be held this week at Eight Mile Plains and Capalaba Hubs have been postponed until next week. If you have made a booking you will be contacted by the Vax Team shortly with details of your new appointment time.
Please stay safe at this time:
• Avoid driving in affected areas unless it is absolutely necessary, and do not drive through floodwaters
• Follow the directions of authorities, and keep up to date with the latest information via the Queensland Government website: www.qld.gov.au/alerts or the New South Wales Government website: www.nsw.gov.au
• For information on financial support if you have been affected by the floods, visit the Queensland Government website: https://www.communityrecovery.qld.gov.au or NSW Government website: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/floods/financial-assistance
• Information on accessing sandbags, evacuation centres, and emergency assistance can also be found on your local government website. In an emergency you can contact the State Emergency Service (SES) on 132 500.
Further updates will be communicated by your Service Manager or Service Leader.
Multicap thanks you once again for your patience and understanding during this time.