Work For Us
Work Based Training
Multicap is proud to offer training for a Certificate III in Individual Support as part of the Queensland Government's Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative. This is a fantastic opportunity for eligible job seekers to get a head-start in the booming community support sectors.
Participants in the course will gain skills, qualifications and experience to kick-start a career in the fast-growing, highly rewarding disability support and aged care sectors. Our work-based training program through the Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative has been incredibly successful over the past few years, with dozens of graduates securing employment with Multicap and other support providers soon after completing the qualification.
Obtain a nationally recognised Certificate III in Individual Support
Complete 120 hours of work experience at disability and aged care providers
Supportive friendly class environment
CPR and First Aid Certificate
Job Skills Day
What To Expect
Multicap's Skilling Queenslanders for Work Coordinators will assess and determine eligibility and enrol participants in the course. Together with training providers, our Coordinators will provide support and assistance throughout the course and facilitate the following:
- Arrange 60 hours of organised practical placement with Multicap
- Arrange 60 hours of organised practical placement at a local aged-care provider
- Facilitate training days for theory-based learning
- Assist participants with first aid certificate, police check clearance, working with children check (blue card) and disability worker screening clearance requirements (yellow card).
This training is proudly funded by the Queensland Government through its Skilling Queenslanders for Work Initiative.
- Live in Queensland
- Aged 18 years or over
- Currently face circumstantial disadvantage such as:
- Ineligible for employment services or assistance,
- Require complementary services because of barriers to learning or employment, or
- Accessing unemployment services and remain unemployed for more than six (6 months).
- Proof of flu vaccination and two doses of COVID-19 vaccination.
Current Course Locations and Dates
As part of this program, participants undertake a Certificate III in Individual Support. Multicap has partnered with the below Registered Training Organisations to deliver this qualification:
- Rockhampton - Blue Stone Medical, RTO 32117